THE ADMISSIONS CENTRE
Our admissions experts want to assist you in the best way we can, so lets look at how we can answer a few of your questions to help you make a well-informed decision.
Fees include tuition and school-based extra-curricular activities or sports (those which are run and operated by the school and not an outside service provider).
Academic support is provided free of charge to all senior primary and high school students.
On site we have a resident Guidance Counsellor who offers counselling to students.
We offer a sibling discount of 10% for 2nd child and 3rd children and 30% for 4th child.
Please bear in mind one full term’s notice is required in writing should you wish to withdraw your child from HBIS. Failing which the following term’s fees will become due.
To apply, submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
for the attention of the Director of Admissions:
1. Completed Application form
2. Passport/Identity document /colour photograph of the applicant
3. Copy of both parents’/guardians’:
– South African Identity Document
– Passport and Permanent Resident Certificate or valid Visa
4. Copy of applicant’s:
– Passport and Permanent Resident Certificate or valid Visa (foreign students)
– Unabridged Birth Certificate
– South African Identity Document (SA citizens over 16 years of age)
5. Proof of medical cover (foreign students)
6. Copies of last TWO official academic reports (if applicable)
7. Copy of most recent Special Educational Needs (SEN) Report (if applicable)
All applications must be accompanied with the Application Fee of R800 (non-refundable) – no application will be processed without proof of payment. Payments can be made via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), cheque (made out to IES INTERNATIONAL HOUT BAY SCHOOL (Pty) Ltd) or by credit card (machine located in the Finance Department). Please use the applicant’s name (student) as a reference.
FORMAL INTERVIEW & ASSESSMENT
All prospective students academic record will be assessed and students maybe required to write an Entrance Test in English and Mathematics.
All foreign students are required by law to obtain and present a valid Study Visa in the name of Hout Bay International School before they may commence studies. Proof of application is no grounds for admission.